Stars & Moons Fairisle Blanket
This is a beaded Fairisle blanket or throw, knitted entirely in the round. It is designed with a steek bridge so you steek your blanket and then add the mitred border. The pattern includes full instructions on beading. I do not include steeking instructions as there are several ways to do this. I use surface crochet.
I rate this as moderate to challenging.
Yarns, Needles, etc
- Yarn A – 6 x 50g balls of Rowan Felted Tweed
- Yarn B – 3 x 25g balls of Rowan Felted Tweed
- 1 x 4mm fixed cable circular needle that is 60cm long (measured tip – tip)
- 1 x 3.75mm fixed cable circular needle that is 150cm long (measured tip – tip); this will also be used to cast off the main blanket
- 600 beads, size 6
- 1 stitch marker for the main throw, plus 8 stitch markers for the border
- 25mm crochet hook for the steeking (or whatever you need for your preferred method to reinforce the Steek Bridge)
- Lengths of non-fluffy, finer yarn in a colour that is not like your main shades (such as a sock yarn) for the steeking