Bump is my original felted design. It is a large and sturdy project bag, knitted entirely in stocking stitch. The embellishments are added by using colours in stripes and also some simple embroidery prior to felting, and by tying marbles into the fabric before you felt it. These are then removed by they leave perfect little ‘bumps’ of un-felted fabric.
The bag is felted in the washing machine. The pattern includes a simple needle case design.
I rate this this as easy and is suitable for knitters of all abilities.
Yarns, Needles etc
- 2 balls of Rowan Felted Tweed in A
- 4 balls of Rowan Felted Tweed in B – main shade
- 2 balls of Rowan Felted Tweed in C
- 4mm needles
- A long stitch holder or length of waste yarn
- Marbles – I used 22 but you can use more or fewer if you wish
- Non-felting thread such as fine string or embroidery thread to tie marbles
- Some sewing cotton thread to make the places where the marbles will be placed
- Pair of handles ‘D’ shaped approx 22 – 24 cm on the flat base part (excluding decorative nobbles or end-pieces) x approx 15 cm at the highest point of the curve of the ‘D’
- For the needle case, you will also need 133 beads, size 6
Finished size (after felting): approx 27cm tall, 43 cm wide at widest point and 17 cm wide (gusset)
The pattern will be emailed to you as a PDF.