WIP Amnesty Day – fully booked
Don’t let your WIPs (works in progress, also known as UFOs – unfinished objects) get you down.
Bring them to us and we will help you to:
- find the place in the pattern where you
gave uppopped the project away for a moment.
- get you back on track.
- resolve, where possible, the issue or issues that halted you. This may be an instruction you didn’t understand, failure to make a stitch work (which may be a pattern error), or just something you don’t think looks good enough. Some guidance can often resolve these blockers.
- help you to plan the final stage of the knit: make a realistic timetable, and slot any other WIPs into the plan.
- adapt the pattern if that modification would help you to resume knitting and complete the project.
- or, if all else fails, give you a safe and non-judgemental space to let the WIP go, rip it back and reassign the yarn to something you will love.
What we can’t do:
- make a pattern less boring, though we have extensive Netflix, Audible and Amazon Prime Video recommendations that have sustained us through many months of knitting.
- make the colour one you like. Nor can we make it less dark though we can suggest strategies such as adding a new colour or wearing a caving head-lamp.
- finish it for you. Well, Kath might, for money, but I won’t.
What you need to bring:
- the UFOs/WIPs, the full pattern, ALL the yarn, all the suggested needles, and all your regular knitting kit.
On the day:
- the day will run from 10.30 – 4.30 as usual. Tea/coffee on arrival and then every couple of hours. Sandwich, and fruit lunch at 1. Cake and tea or coffee at 3.30. You will work on your WIP and we will help you. There is no need for you to do anything beforehand other than gather the specified items above.
Places available: FULLY BOOKED