25 – 28 July 2019
Welcome to Knit Camp 2019. This will be KC’s third year. In 2019, I invite you to the Summer Festival Edit: an extra day (and night!) in the luxurious KC hotel, and a programme planned for you full of summer-time themes.
Knit Camp is an intensive, really joyful and creative knitting event where you, your knitting and your learning is placed right at the heart of the event planning. I have honestly never experienced quite so much positive energy, fun, and creativity in such a way before. That said, it is your Knit Camp and if you want quiet, meditative and relaxing knitting – Knit Camp 2019 is your respite. Knit Camp offers you all the options, then it’s up to you to choose!
Here are some images of a few of the KC projects from 2017 and 2018:
There will be:
- Three full days and nights of Knit Camp. You will arrive on Thursday afternoon and depart on Sunday at c4.00pm.
- Two ‘formal’ Knit Camp 2019 dinners in the hotel’s beautiful private dining room – so it is just us. These will be on Thursday when there will also be a welcome drinks reception, and again on the Saturday, our last evening. On the Friday evening, we have a different night planned with Pimms on the terrace, a hot and cold savoury and sweet buffet dinner alfresco, and then some fun summer activities with an outdoor, festival theme.
- Two full days of teaching plus one full day of teaching support (optional, you are welcome to just knit your favourite Knit Camp design). The full teaching days will be on the Friday and the Sunday. The teaching is continuous and planned around the designs I create for the event. Small group sessions are timetabled and you join as and when you like. In addition, there is always one of us, me or Kathryn, to offer one-to-one support and advice.
- On Friday, the teaching room will be open as usual and all meals, plus refreshments will be served. However, this is a day when you are free to do as you please. You can stay in the room and knit, or you can go out, or both and come and go as you please. Kathryn and I will be in the teaching room – KC HQ – all day and although there will be no rolling teaching programme, we will be there as a resource for you to use. For example, you may want to cover something in depth with us, one-to-one; or you might want to do some re-design work on a project – and we will help you to do that. Or you might want to have a quiet knitting day, in the room or in any of the other delightful hotel locations including the terraces, bars and grounds.
- Knit Camp’s amazing Pop-Up Shop team, Emma and Lily, will be with us again with kits, yarns, beads and their unique, chic wrapping techniques!
- There will be new designs for Knit Camp 2019. It is a year away but the plans have begun. There will be 3 or 4 new designs with variations on some of these. The themes are English summer, festival chic and party-time! You will receive up-dates from December 2018 – July 2019. Then about 4 weeks before the event, I will release full and detailed images and all the information you need to make your Knit Camp design choices. The designs always range from small to large; and from simple to more complex. For me, Knit Camp is driven by the designs and the teaching they bring.
- Gifts, surprises, fun and games.
- All meals, plus Chef’s snacks and treats in between. The hotel offers a choice of a hot buffet, a cold buffet and also off the menu options for breakfast; a hot and cold savoury and sweet buffet for lunch; and a three course Event dinner at night. Wine, and 2 drinks receptions are also included.
- You will have sole occupancy of a double room, with luxury en-suite bathroom. The hotel is really lovely, the food and drink is delicious and you will be thoroughly spoilt both by the Bailbrook Hotel team and by us.
To enjoy Knit Camp, you only need to want to join in the adventure. Your fellow Knit Campers are simply amazing and so are you! Do come.
Venue: Bailbrook House Hotel Bath, BA1 7JD. This is a unique country house hotel, with lots of parking and very handy for the M4. The hotel is chic, elegant and very comfortable.
Dates: Thursday 25 – Sunday 28 July 2019.
Places available: fully booked – contact me to join the reserve list
Initial Payment (due from August 2018) is £250 – Pay Initial Payment:
Second Payment (due in January 2019) is £250 – Pay Second Payment:
Final Payment (due in March 2019) is £395 – Pay Final Payment: